Hazel L’Aura G.
MISSIONS: To promote community, networking, team building, and healthy group dynamics
through fun rhythm-based rituals.
To celebrate all cultures by promoting an understanding of comparative religions
and Earth-based spirituality – activating unity through diversity.
To bring to light the many faces of the Divine Feminine,
to empower & transform.
To guide individuals of all ages to realize their full potential.
ROLES: • Teacher & Facilitator • Ecstatic Dancer • Performance Artist
• Spiritual Midwife • Musician & Poet • Ritual Shaman
Recognized by the Village Voice as: “The High-Priestess of Ritual & Resonance.”
PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP LEADER (1999-Present)
EXPERIENCES: Wheel of the Year:
• Conduct at least 8 seminars each year at Lake Street Church (Evanston) & other Chicagoland venues,
exploring links between Christianity and the rhythms of the seasons.
• Halloween / Day of the Dead, & other cultural & religious Holidays:
Lead presentations exploring various ethnic & cultural expressions, including
rituals of Mexico, Italy, Ireland, and Africa. (Chicago Park District)
• Women's Resource Fair
• The Infinity Center
• Chicago Reclaiming
NON-DENOMINATIONAL MINISTER & SPIRITUAL MENTOR
• Provide one-on-one, couples, and group guidance on a variety of concerns.
• Create & lead custom ceremonies to celebrate all phases of life: Birth to Death,
including same sex marriages & coming of age initiations
. Founder of Wisdom Roots Puppetry -
working in the Waldorf-Tradition of Therapeutic Seasonal Story Telling,
Song & Ensouled Puppetry…Our offerings are a gift in the art & archetype,
the magic & meaning, the wisdom & renewal, of opening the heart & soul,
to bring through the visible story, a picture of possibilities…
lifting the veil of the everyday, to connect us with spirit
& the wonders of the natural world…we use handmade felted wool table puppets,
colorful silks & other natural materials
to provide a joyful pathway into these wonders.
Community Drum Circles: Facilitate experiential dialogues for:
• Corporate Team Building • Domestic Violence • Inner City Kids
• Divorce & Family Issues • Victims of Rape • Special Needs
1st Friday Drum Circle at Unity’s “A Circus of the Spirit”
"Give Peace a Dance" Drum Circle
She Drums (Women’s Community Rhythm-Ritual) (2001-Present)
Founder/Facilitator: New Moon Lodge exploring transformation & healing
through Women’s Mysteries.
Sanctuary (the Funky Church of the Cosmic Rhythm) (2002-Present)
Free-form Sacred Dance Events: Organizer, promoter, and director:
• EarthDance: Chicago facilitator for the annual International EarthDance --
a worldwide ceremony to promote unity across cultures.
• Harmonious NYE: Co-promoted and led Holistic New Year’s Eve Celebration (2004-2005)
• Collective Heart Throb: Co-founder of a collaborative group of local Conscious Dance promoters.
D.E.V.A. (Divine Expressions of Vital Alchemy) (2003-Present)
Founder & Facilitator: A collaborative dance company that celebrates
“the body as the soul in action.”
We Drum Tribe (2002-Present)
Founder & Facilitator: A community drum circle for all that celebrates the full Moon
through rhythm-based ritual and self-expression.
Shoot and edit video for celebrity clients and at public events (North Park Nature Center),
private events, and occasions.
TELEVISION PRODUCER (1987-1992)
Producer, director, writer & videographer for The EarthNetwork,
a monthly program broadcast on channel 50 locally & on other stations around the country
Focusing primarily on environmental, political, & spiritual issues.
COMMUNITY ACTIVISM (1980-1984)
Neighborhood Leader of the Homesteading Movement on the Lower East Side in NYC;
Artists who lived in and rehabbed abandoned buildings as living space for the homeless.
SINGER, DRUMMER, SONGWRITER, PERFORMANCE ARTIST
(1979-1986) Performed in several “No New York” genre original bands
(Heal, Health Hen, Baby Boom) recorded and toured extensively in the U.S. and Europe.
• Featured at CBGB’s, the Mud Club, the Bitter End, the Cubby Bear, the Beat Kitchen, etc.
• Co-founder & Leader of the guerrilla Theatre Troupe, “The Valkyries.”
ORGANIC CHEF (prior to 1987)
Prepared creative, healthy meals at restaurants in New York (Prana) and
Chicago (Chicago Diner).
EDUCATION: • B.A., Philosophy & Comparative Religions, San Francisco State University,
Minor, Women’s Studies
• Ordained Minister, Spiritual Science Center
• Advanced study: JuniperTreeHealingStoryPuppetry, with Suzanne Down, Chicago Reclaiming,
Hakomi & Matrix leadership training in team building & consensus processes,
frame drumming with Layne Redmond, Chicago Hermetic Society, Herbology & Plant Medicine
with Althea Northage-Orr at the Chicago School of Psycho-Physical Healing,
Sociatas Rosicruciana in America (S.R.I.A.) , B.O.T.A., the Mystic Qabalah.
Laura Dee Lucchesi